Because no one likes being taken advantage of.
We created Staffy because no one likes being taken advantage of - but that’s what staffing agencies do to companies and talent every day.
With the current staffing agency model, the only one who wins is the staffing agency.
It’s time for companies and talent to win, too. That’s why we created a better way for companies to scale their workforce and talent to find work – and we do it by cutting out the middle man that takes advantage of you: staffing agencies.
Staffy empowers companies and talent alike by creating a level playing field where:
- Companies get to access fully-vetted talent at fair rates and without ridiculous markups.
- Talent get paid more (which you deserve) and can set their own rates.
- And Staffy earns a small transaction fee by putting everyone together.
If that sounds too good to be true, it’s not. Here’s how it works:
We vet our talent FIRST.
- Only 20% of applicants are approved through our vetting process.
- Companies can be confident about talents’ skill and credentials.
- Talent knows that being listed on Staffy garners a high level of company's trust.
Talent get paid more.
- Companies set fair market rates for the talent they need to hire – no more paying over market rate and letting the agency price-gouge you.
- Talent only accepts jobs with rates that fit their needs – no more finding out that an agency is charging the company 50% more than your take home.
- Companies pay less, talent earn more!
Staffy earns a transaction fee per gig.
It really is that simple.
So, if you’re curious how YOU can finally stop being taken advantage of by predatory staffing agencies, click the button below and let’s start a conversation. We’re excited to bust you out of the no-one-wins staffing agency model and get you into Staffy.
THE PRICE IS RIGHT
Contractors can set their own price to reflect their skills and experience, receiving 100% of their hourly wage.
CREDIBILITY AND RELIABILITY
Companies and contractors use our on-demand marketplace for real-time matching.
WORK WHEN YOU WANT
Companies incur only a minor administrative fee.
MAKE WHAT YOU DESERVE
Contractors find work that suits their skills, and companies find the right fit for the job – whenever they want.
Press & media
For media inquiries, contact [email protected]
The great Canadian Pivot: Staffy
April 17, 2020
Global news 640
CERB will have the unintended consequence of discincentivizing...
April 2, 2020
Staffy pivots platform to direct workers to essential sectors
March 20, 2020
Wall street journal
Need a waitress or dishwasher in a pinch? There’s an app for that.
December 18, 2018
The Globe and Mail
Can an app solve restaurant staff shortages?
JULY 17, 2018
Today in SaaS: Staffy Partners with platterz, SlimCut Media aquired by Teleria
JULY 6, 2018
Staffy building on-demand hospitality workforce with it's mobile app
MAY 5, 2017
Bruce Croxon, Amber kanwar look at Staffy, a company that provides staff
MAY 4, 2017
The app connects servers, bartenders and his baristas with shifts at local restaurants
MAY 22, 2016
FOOD SERVICE AND HOSPITALITY
Staffy service now available as an app
NOVEMBER 22, 2016
Holiday staffy challenges solved with new staffy app.
NOVEMBER 22, 2016
Frequently asked questions
Here are the As to our most common Qs.
1. A detailed resume specifically highlighting your relevant experience;
2. Photo of your proof of eligibility to work in Canada (Passport, PR Card, VISA);
3. Email addresses for three references;
4. Photos/certificate #s for any industry certifications/qualifications (e.g. Food Handler Certificate)
PLEASE NOTE: You’ll need to take a selfie during the sign-up process. Dress accordingly.
We pride ourselves on having the best contractors in the hospitality industry. To maintain these high standards, we need to check references for a “real world” assessment of your skills/professionalism.
You'll see open shifts based on your availability and distance settings so it's critical that you keep them current. You can find shifts three ways:
1. Push or SMS notifications (can be customized under “Setting -> Notifications”);
2. “Available Jobs” in the app; or
3. Click the bell on the Home Page.
Immediately - the moment you clock out of your shift - if eligible for StaffyPay. StaffyPay is available to contractors with a minimum five shift and 4.2+ rating. There is a nominal $5 transaction fee charged to the contractor. Otherwise, you'll be paid in five calendar days.
Your rating is the average of your client reviews. We only post your rating after your first three clients have completed the review. As clients are not obligated to rate you, feel free to ask your clients to rate you at the end of the shift.
There is no commitment or fees to register for the Staffy platform. It's pay as you go. Simply use the platform as needed and we'll charge you for the hours worked and logged.
Our hourly rate is the contractors chosen rate + Staffy's service fee. Contractors choose their rate based on labour market trends and demands. Staffy's service fees vary according to method of payment: Pre-purchase is 20%; Credit card is 25%; and Cheque is 40%.
Provided you've cancelled the shift more than 48 hours in advance, you will not incur a fee. Otherwise, we do charge a three-hour cancellation fee, which is provided directly to the contractor as compensation for clearing their schedule.
Staffy has a rigorous recruitment process. We source our talent from recognized, established job boards. We review resumes to ensure the commensurate experience exists for the role(s) they wish to fill. We also complete reference and background checks.
Once onboarded, our real time reviews ensure that our talent are meeting and exceeding expectations. If someone isn't making the grade, we remove them from our system.
Quite easily! In our app, navigate to “Hire a Staffy” to set a “New Broadcast”. Monitor the status under “Requests”. You’ll also receive notification when there’s any activity. As soon as a suitable candidate appears, book quickly before their schedule changes!