Are you a Healthcare hero, Looking to have flexibility as to when you work, and Earn what you are worth?
Join Staffy today: a new way to work.
You can start work immediately upon approval- as quickly as two days from now.
Shifts are Early morning, Afternoon, Evening, and you get to decide when and who you work for.
Wage: $35 – $50 per hour, and sometimes more for a variety of roles. You set your rate
in the app.
Visit the Google play store or Apple store and download the StaffyApp. Complete your profile and get approved in as soon as 48 hours
Your new role
- Maintain resident records and required documentation in compliance with all Federal/ Provincial regulations and follows the standards as set out by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives
- Distribute medications as prescribed, and document accordingly. Monitors the safekeeping of drugs and narcotics
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe environment for residents and staff
- Liaising with family members when required and acting as a resource for questions, concerns regarding practices or related health care issues
- Reports family concerns to the Director of Care and other staff
- Responds to resident call bells and door alarms promptly
- Participates in initial assessments, care plans, and ongoing updates to care plans
- Reports unusual occurrences, safety hazards or illness or problems with residents to the Director of Care and other staff
- Assumes duties as required in the absence of Director of Care
- Attends staff meetings and in-service education as required
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to succeed
- Graduate from a recognized LPN Program and must hold a valid registration with appropriate LPN associations
- Previous experience with the geriatric population preferred; knowledge of behavioural support programs, dementia care and rehabilitation considered an asset
- Proven experience in leading unregulated care providers.
- Basic computer proficiency
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect and privacy, and the right to share in decisions about his/her care
Knowledge of the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada) and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Retirement Home and more specifically the nursing department
Also known as Nurse, Registered nurse, health care staff, Nursing Staff, Practical Nurse, LPN, Registered Practical Nurse
How to Apply
Visit the Google play store or Apple store and download the StaffyApp. Complete your profile and get approved in as soon as 48 hours.
Staffy is an on-demand staffing platform that connects you with shifts matching your skills, experience, and schedule, and pays in days! This allows you to pick up shifts when you are available, and to work when you want. Go to the App Store, download the Staffy App, and complete your profile.
Find or fill an upcoming shift today.Download