We are looking for Hospitality professionals with at least 1 year experience to work for a number of different HOTEL/RESTAURANT/CATERING properties in Houston. These are casual and on call roles, and you set your own schedule.
Staffy is a hospitality staffing app that connects you with shifts matching your skills, experience and schedule, and pays in days! This allows you to pick up shifts when you are available, and to work when you want.
IMPORTANT: USE CODE IAHWORK FOR HOUSTON ON FIRST SIGNUP PAGE. MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE APP & REGISTER YOUR PROFILE.
- Must have previous Hospitality experience
- Must be able to provide references
- Will need to arrange own Apparel and equipment requisite for each position
- Arrange transportation to & from the shift location
- Must be eligible to work in US, willing to submit to a background check and must be able to provide valid Government-issued ID
- Must obtain ServSafe Certification or equivalent within 30 days of being hired
- Minimum 2 year experience in kitchens (commercial or high-volume restaurants)
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications
- Cutting, chopping, slicing of proteins, vegetables and starches
- Saute, grill, Deep fry, Roast, and cold preparations
- the ability to work in fast-paced environments with minimal supervision.
- maintain the kitchen cleanliness in accordance to food hygiene regulations, including break down of boxes, and removal of garbage
- Strong communication skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
About the Hiring Process:
Candidates will be invited to weekly hiring events to be interviewed.
If selected, the candidate will move directly to the badging process held in the same location as the interviews. The badge approval/ rejection is communicated within 1-2 weeks, at which point you’ll be eligible to pickup shifts throughout the year whenever they’re available.
There will be a paid 8-hour orientation shift.